Pages

Adventures in Naughtiness and Neurosis on the Spiritual Path

Friday, August 27, 2010

Confessions

I'm kind of a member of the punctuation police. And the pronunciation police. If someone says "NUKE-you-ler," I can basically never look on them with respect again.

I'm not proud of it. Confession!

Sometimes, though, people's mispronunciations just go too far, and I fully feel justified in pointing out the ridiculousness of their bold and stupid tongue.

Ever notice how in Back to the Future, Christopher Lloyd pronounces gigawatts "Jigga watts" like four hundred times and no one said anything to him? Or even bothered to fix it in post??

I know it's accepted pronunciation and language is functional...but that's like if I suddenly decided to start saying "yeah, I'm vacationing in Guh-maica this fall" or "know any good elephant gokes?"

Come on, Zemeckis. I'd expect this from Oliver Stone, but not from you.
Picture 2

No comments: