Pages

Adventures in Naughtiness and Neurosis on the Spiritual Path

Saturday, June 12, 2010

FIRST and a HALF

One more quick note...
The 2010 FIFA World Cup! It’s started! After four long years!

Once again, time to bask in the rage-filled, sweat-drenched locks of multitudinous international athletes of mythic proportions. Seriously, these guys are like Titans. It’s miraculous to watch. The athletic prowess. The drama. The whiney babyfalldown wail N cries.


I just got back from the England-USA game. The first round is usually pretty caaazh, just given that, come on, who wants to get injured in the first game of the Cup? Eh, lads? So I recommend if this is your first year watching, brush up on the rules (trust me, even Brazilian people get confused as to what they are year to year) and then check out a 3rd round game on like, June 17th, otherwise you will just be sitting there going, "Where are all the talented ones? Where's Pele?" Actually you wouldn't say that last bit, but yeah. First round of games tend to be fairly tame.


So... maybe this was a crap time to start posting, and I think it's fair to say upfront that I’m going to be, well, watching the HELL out of this until it’s over. Whenever or wherever I can. Which means if my posts start to wreak of smoke and barfloor you’ll know why. Be warned; the local bars I am going to have to frequent in order to meet my needs, they’re kind of …I think seedy would be a fair word. It’s the kind of place that there will be like a suped up 1973 pimp mobile parked outside with the keys in the ignition, unlocked and parked out front. That kind of place. Don't steal that car, you guys! You will get kneecapped at the very least.


Go to Fifa's website to learn more about the World Cup, and if you want to know about the cool team I’m rooting for, click this link to read of their Magical Kicking! ¡Viva la Revolución! I mean, go sports.

Get well soon, Drogba!

No comments: