Pages

Adventures in Naughtiness and Neurosis on the Spiritual Path

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Weather Channel...?

A Commentary
Weathering this inefficiently since prob'ly 1993

I was curious as to what the weather would bring this weekend and so yesterday I went to the Ace’s least favorite weather-information website, (which he calls one big ad and “bedmate of Monsanto”) the Weather channel online, or Weather Channel.com. Very quickly, I was bombarded with questions and vague assumptions that made me feel a uncomfortable and offended, which completely eclipsed me noticing that apparently it is going to be a monsoon weekend and I should bring an umbrella and dinghy wherever I traverse.



Shopping is fun, I guess

What are you trying to find out here, Weather channel.com? I’m not shopping per se…but I do like to furnish my home or office with Ikea-like goods. So I suppose you could refer to those as “Enhancements,” but what has that got to do with it probably raining this evening? Hm, perchance Saturday holds a more reasonable weather prediction for me.




Witch!

Flu activity on Saturday…What are you trying to say? You’re making a lot of assumptions I don’t feel comfortable with and I feel like you need to be checked before you get wrecked. By yourself. Wait, are you hexing me, witch style? You’re giving me the flu on Saturday? Crap, I was going to watch the World Cup!



Maybe Sunday will be better…


I'm feeling weathermolested

Okay, now you’re asking me questions?? You’re the Weather Channel.
You’re supposed to be the one who knows if pollen translates to an early spring (and I thought it was a groundhog, but maybe the Weather Channel.com is from a different country than us where they use a particle of pollen to check its shadow instead…). Not me!


And BT DUB, it’s freaking summer and it has been for like a month (although not according to the solstice, so don’t bother trying to sound smart by telling me that, I already know). Whether or not we had an early spring is frankly irrelevant, Weather Channel.com.


Fine, the Ace – you win. NOAA it is.

Yes, they’re not the sleek privatized weather watching entity that Weather channel.com once was, but at least at NOAA I’m not attacked like Kim Kardashian leaving the plastic surgeon’s office by a group of manic, paparazzo-like questions about home décor and allergies. Also, what is with your abbreving, WCdC? I know “Thunderstorms” is kind of a long word, but maybe if you weren’t hassling people about their private lives, you’d have enough room to write out the full words for things like, you know, weather.
Consider yourself served.

No comments: