Pages

Adventures in Naughtiness and Neurosis on the Spiritual Path

Saturday, July 3, 2010

MILLION DOLLAR IDEA OF THE WEEK

I actually have a few today. Seriously, we're all gonna get stinking, filthy rich.

1).Meat Shakes.

Sell themselves, right?

2). Ice cream delivery service. It’s like pizza delivery, but instead – it’s ice cream. Ice Cream takeout. I am just blowing my mind with outrageous brilliance right now. Why hasn’t anyone done this? Let me set the scene.

It’s Thursday night. You’ve had a long day, your feet hurt and you just finished your Hamburger Helper while catching up on some work emails. (you workaholic!...but lovely shawl)

You need to relax and your favorite Marx Brother’s comedy just became available on Watch Instantly. Some ice cream would really help you unwind. In your mind you see this
ice-cream-complicated-cone


It's tantalizing you like some kind of oasis mirage in a desert (plus, I think Hamburger Helper has hypnogogic properties - you need to start eating real food, OK?). But there’s no way you’re going back out again into the fray…it's insane out there. Everyone sweaty and mean, brazenly grabbing and pushing - ready to death-fight you for Ice cream! Everyone!

Not to mention you’re already so cozy. Plus, you’re single/drunk/your significant other is as cozy as you are and there’s no way you’re getting any ice cream unless someone brings it to you. You’ll even buy. You would spend $10-$400 if someone brought you some ice cream right now.

But wait!
They Will!...TA DA! Money in the bank. And it’s for such a worthy cause.
(me eating ice cream is the noblest of not remotely noble causes)

For me, as I'm sure it is for everyone, the ice cream Roller Coaster is quite an episodic wandering for the soul. Because you really want it, and then you don't have any...but you wanted it enough that you get some!! It's just such a cleansing journey - basically like Dante's Inferno but for the modern warrior. I think I can illustrate:

When I experience Ice Cream, I hear and see exactly this

Ice Cream delivery will help bring love and joy to this lonely world. Forever's gonna start tonight.

No comments: